As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, March 31

1. Love it how some Koreans totally misuse English words. Today’s word was “date”. One of my coworkers at Eumbong Elementary School asked me if I wanted to have a “date” with him. I knew he was married and obviously meant something different. Had a good laugh though.
2. After teaching at Eumbong Elementary School I returned to Eumbong Middle School with three hours to kill till hometime. Preoccupied myself with trying to set up a website for my new ePALS club at Eumbong M.S. I’ll link it later to this blog, no worries.
3. Gave my VP a new notebook for him to write all his English questions of the day in and apparently, while I was out of the staff room, he boosted about it to all! He’s hilarious!
4. After numerous attempts at erasing my id on theknot.com, they’re still sending me emails. Thanks but I don’t need to be reminded that in 58 days I was suppose to be married. I plan on spending my March 28th celebrating my new life with Ryan thanks.
5. Thought it a good idea to get my hair cut and dyied. I’ve lived here for over a year and so I thought it wouldn’t be a problem…. WRONG! My stylist for the evening was Ms. Attitude. A pretty clueless Korean woman who was quite proud of her ignorance.
6. Thankfully Ms. Attitude’s two faithful side-kicks were super sweet and more attentive. I tried to teach one of the guys some funny English phrases. Buy the end of the night he had learned “Yo, what’s up homey?”, “I’m pimpin’”, “You want a piece of me?!”. So funny!
7. After 4 ½ hours, they must have washed my hair 6 times, bleached it once, died it 3 times. I left the salon upset and hating my new hair colour.
8. I loved my black hair but admit that dying it black was the WORSE thing I’ve ever done to my hair. That hair colour raped my hair of it’s health and beauty!
9. Needless to say I was in NO mood to meet up with Tasha and Woo. Sorry dudes. I wasn’t good company at the point and when I got home I found out that Ryan was really sick.

10. Ryan reassured me I still look beautiful but now look more “white”… dang

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How have you changed this year?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Love is grand; divorce a hundred grand.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: