As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, March 27

1. Got informed today that the big ping-pong tournament is tomorrow!!! My VP gave me a crash course in the game and sent me to class late and sweaty. Thanks for the practice coach!
2. Much thanks to my two students Rupie and Rob for posing as my “stretching teachers” during the school’s routine stretching time. Rupie you were super funny and helpful, Rob… this seemed more like a dance routine to you so you kind of freaked me out with your ballet hands and how you were too into it!
3. Was forewarned I’ve got one day to find out what “cockle” is and accept it before I’ll be forced to eat it with the staff.
4. You think someone would have warned me that today is Parent-Teacher interview day! Instead, I taught class and about a million and one mothers peeked into my class and flooded the halls.
5. Got lots of cheers from my students’ mothers as I exited the staff room and gave it my best go at a few Korean phrases. They were all surprised…. yes ladies, I’m not just another pretty face!
6. Met morphed into the “English Nazi” right before my students’ eyes. They seem to think that using Korean to get English answers on their activity survey is cool with me. So I threw out a few warnings and when that didn’t work I threw out a few student’s papers and with that, the “310 club” was officially formed. In other words, the “310 club” is detention.
7. So cute… now my two nice new wool sweaters are fit perfectly for a midget! Totally forgot about the shrinkage effect the dryer has on my clothes. I think I can stretch it out maybe.
8. I want to punch this computer so much… not only did the scroll button cause me to lose my whole email but then when I tried to type it up in a word document it froze on me. Andi… you better read your email cause I wrote it THREE times!!!
9. Countdown is on until Ryan buys his new scooter.
10. Word on the street is Ryan may be teaching me how to drive his current scooter!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What in the world is cockle?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
“Do you know French toast?”… “French toast, I know African toast!”

-- Yoonbeer

No comments: