As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, March 25

1. A simple trip to the bookstore with Ryan turned into a bit of a drama episode. But, like all Korean dramas, the guy always gets the girl in the end. Look at him… he’s too cute for me to stay mad at. It’s not my fault. I’m not weak…. okay maybe a little when it comes to Ryan!
2. What was initially meant as a quick trip out to Seoul with Ryan to pay for his new scooter turned into a trip and a half. He got offered a huge discount but now he’s got to go back there again. It’s never just a three hour tour… I should have learned that watching “Gilligan’s Island”!
3. Looking forward to Ryan’s sweet new scooter… bigger scooter means better seat for me!
4. Dude, my English is getting really bad, even I don’t understand what I’m saying sometimes. Ryan asked me what some English word meant and I had no idea!
5. While out in Seoul we decided to go to Costco to stock up on a massive jug of pure Canadian maple syrup, baby dill pickles, and croissants. The croissants we could have bought in Cheonan but their oh so delicious aroma at the fresh Costco bakery lured me in and I just had to buy them!
6. Turns out bus seats for Cheonan were all sold out and so we had to waste more money and even more time trying to explore another way home. Definitely shocked…. who goes to Cheonan anyways?
7. Rule of thumb is that if it doesn’t have wings, it can’t fly then. Today I thought maybe my candle could fly. Turns out it can’t fly, nor does it maintain it’s shape.
8. Consider myself Korean-washed because I definitely have been getting too sensitive about some things lately. The fact that Ryan’s a bit white-washed doesn’t help the situation either.
9. Laid back and thought of what it really meant to be a foreigner in this country and dating a local… If I were to run away from Ryan where would I go?, who would I go to?. In thinking all this and getting myself all worked up about the harsh reality of it all, I got totally stressed out and upset.
10. Stained the new couch with my runny nose…. oops!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I have given a name to my pain, and it is Batman.
-- one of Joker's line in the movie "Batman"

No comments: