As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, March 19

1. I argueed with the TV and Ryan prayed for a miracle as we watched in horror today’s baseball game between the Koreans and the Japanese.
2. Agree with Ryan… the Americans are fools! Today the Korean baseball team played the Japanese again even though they beat their sorry butts on Thursday. Apparently Thursday’s win meant nothing but today Korea’s loss meant EVERYTHING because of the stupid way the Americans, who are hosting, organized the tournament teams. Jokes on you America, our Korean team smoked you so now what do you have to say about Asian skill? Korea’s out now though and that’s so bad.
3. One word for you Japanese…. CUBA!!! They’re going to cream your team on Tuesday, you can bank on that and you can bank on me watching it and cheering them on as they do so!
4. Oh my gosh… I’m still reptile girl. My skin is still peeling and so it’s rather annoying having to vaccum my bed blankets.
5. Basked in pure happiness as I sat there with Ryan eating cottage cheese. Thanks again Jenn for it! This stuff is like gold to me. Thankfully for Ryan, I love him and so that’s the only reason why I even shared it with him.
6. Supper with the Club Sizzi guys. Sorry guys, I just can’t take 5 guys dressed in the same cheesy blue old-school blazers seriously.
7. After a stupid spat, I left my house and returned to find that Ryan had already left for Seoul… or so I thought. Needless to say, him returning gave me the chance to apologize and so I was quite relieved.
8. So hilarious… Ryan went to sell his TV at the second hand shop and they refused it. They wouldn’t even take it for free.
9. So cute… Ryan’s off to Seoul tonight for some military training tomorrow morning and so he asked me to walk him to his dad’s car to wish him off.
10. Had a quiet late night. With no Ryan hanging around I was able to get down to business and work on his birthday present.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What were they thinking?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I'm not beautiful like you, I'm beautiful like me.
-- Joydrop (music group)

No comments: