As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, March 26

1. Met up with my homegirl Jenn for ice cream, shopping and lots of girl chat.
2. Ventured back to the bookstore downtown here and brought Jenn with me this time. This time was definitely more successful.
3. I love it… text messages from my student Lyndia. She’s so cute and I feel like such a mentor to her and so today I bought her an English book, “The Secret Garden”. This girl is going to go far in life and I want to be there pushing her!
4. Hey Jenn, you remember that cute black shirt I bought today with you, well when I got home I realized I read it wrong. It actually reads “Please make me to heaven” on it… what the heck does that mean?! Made in Korea, go figure!
5. Sweet.. bought a pair of jeans without trying them on and they fit.
6. Spent a bit of my evening listening to “The Secret Garden” on cd. In my attempts to get Lyndia all pumped up about reading English, I had told her it was one of my favourite books. I didn’t lie though… at the time I thought I was going to buy “The Phantom of the Opera” but then had changed my mind. Jenn influenced me on that one…. blame it on her!
7. Ryan showed his true Korean colours with insisting on eating pickled garlic with every meal. He claims it makes him more of a “man”… maybe he meant more of a “stinky man”. Ah be quiet… you know I love ya. Eat your garlic baby!
8. Thought I would have lost the title of “Reptile Girl” by now but apparently my skin is still peeling from my trip to Thailand and Ryan thinks it’s so funny to call me that, thanks.
9. Oops… I wasn’t suppose to mention “his” name seeing as I’m sure no mention of my name and the term “girlfriend” is made on his CY World.
10. For some reason Ryan and I thought it’d be funny to text message each other while sitting BESIDE each other with our computers…. hmmm, are we that bored?


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How many hairs do you have?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Every hair has it's own purpose.
-- Yoonbeer

No comments: