As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, March 16

1. With tomorrow off, today was my Friday! I only worked three days this week…sweet!
2. Thankfully Tony in one of my middle school classes has tamed down a lot. Today he only interrupted my class and yelled “I love you Ms. B” three times.
3. Student Ryan is really pushing it in my class. He’s apparently has a little infatuation with me and today I caught him smelling my jacket that I had left in the English classroom. Hmmm….
4. Communication melt-down at work…. my principle and vice principle were in a pure panic with Mrs. Jueng away and having to fill her English classes but me being the only one able to teach English. Turns out she doesn’t have classes on Thursday, they’re my classes actually and so they were so relieved. They were so happy that they offered to take me out for drinks…. hmmm, no thanks. I’m quite the homemaker now so I have plans to cook for Ryan.
5. Come on, let’s get going!!! Totally eager to start up my after school ePALS English club but with Mrs. Jeung away on sick leave, I’ve got to wait yet another day before I start the entrance contest.
6. The cocky Japanese got their butts kicked in baseball by the Koreans…. good work boys!!! Way to totally put them in their rightful place!

7. Apparently we’ve evolved… Science guy went from being all nervous and giggly on our route to school to him now trying to use English. He reminds me so much of my brother Troy.
8. Ran into Mr. Downtown Flirt at Emart. I seem to see him all the time nere Mbar and it turns out he works there at the photo shop were I was getting some pictures developed. He tried really hard to make me laugh by pretending to fall and being all giggly, but his efforts were shot down when his co-worker, who knows both Ryan and me as a couple, came and asked about Ryan. Nice.
9. Well it’s nice to note that after giving all my former students my email and cell phone number that the one person to actually use them was a friend of a former student’s parents. I suppose everyone’s replaceable to a certain degree but that kind of hurts.
10. Tonight’s meal was perfect until Ryan showed up 40 minutes late! His boss kept him at work to talk about things while I tried hard to keep the food warm. Hey… don’t blame me for the dried-out bulgogie meat, blame Mr. Kim!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How does it feel to be defeated boys by a country you once use to control but now can't even win a baseball against?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Bad breath is better than no breath at all.
-- Stanton's Law of Minimum Requirements

No comments: