As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, March 23

1. Wore a skirt today to my middle school despite the horror stories about teachers with skirts and boys with mirrors.
2. Should have taken my advice Shine… I told you, stay away from girls; girls are trouble! Turns out one of my prize students at Eumbong M.S is in a rut because of some girl. Girls change everything! Take Tony in my level 2 class… he’s known to be a rotten student but in my class he is like my shadow!
3. Same problem with Ryan in my 2-2 class…. he really liked this girl but she totally rejected him today in the lunchroom and so he’s now a crushed 14 year old boy.
4. Yes Tony, I know you love me but you really have to stop yelling that out in class!
5. Today’s question of the day from my VP was “How long will you stay in Korea?” My answer, “Hmmmm, no answer.”
6. The drama continues as the identity of “the girl next door”, who just entered the discussion yesterday, still remains unknown and Mr. Anonymous continues to add his I insight. Apparently I created quite a discussion with my blog entry on Monday.
7. I’m all about Sue… her father is a doctor and her mother is a beautiful Korean housewife. They both adopted me to be her big sister so today was the first day us sisters met each other.
8. Hung out at Sue’s penthouse apartment and it definitely has to be the most styling pad in Cheonan!!! I’m talking about fur couches, chunky marble coffee tables, a kitchen that’s bigger than basically my whole house, a TV bigger than my whole body times 2, and an interior design that was obviously created by someone with class, cash and rich taste! And here I thought my pad was the most stylin’ around!
9. By the end of our time together today, Sue and me were all giggles as we had five minutes of tickle time. She’s such a cool little sister.
10. Chilled out the rest of the night and chatted on msn with Papa Bere.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who are you... tell me your name.... were you sent by the Feds?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Anonymous

No comments: