As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, March 30

1. Funny boy Ryan in my level two middle school class always seems to make me laugh with his surprising comments. Today he told the class that I invited to join ePALS because I’m going to set him up with an American pen-pal girlfriend.
2. I especially was caught off guard by Ryan (Eumbong student) when I told the class I’d show them a movie next week and he yelled out, “adult movie, yes?”
3. Chloe in my 2-2 class told me that Rob said he hated me. My response, “That’s great. Tell him that’s going to get him a great mark in my class!” I was rather insulted by the comment but forgot about it two minutes later when my co-teacher told me he hates every teacher, every class and every thing about school!
4. It’s funny how people definitely become their names! Rob in my 2-2 is definitely a Rob! This little guy is like a miniature version of my brother Rob who hated school and definitely had a certain attitude about school. Don’t get me wrong, once he found his passion (photography class) everything changed.
5. Meet up with my little sister Sue. I brought her some books thinking it’d take her forever to get through but we finished them in about an hour. Looks like the intelligent gene runs in the family. Ha, ha, ha.
6. I love it… text messages from my middle school students. These kids are amazing!
7. Some play computer games, others play card games, Ryan and I play scooter games. I especially like the scooter game “stop and go”… he stops, I run, he goes, I stop. Or, “bouncy times” where we bounce up and down on the scooter while it’s in motion (I’m sure that’s really good for the shocks).
8. Thought I was going to freeze to death when Ryan thought it’d be funny to lean forward while blazing the streets of Cheonan on his scooter. The cold, cold evening weather hit my exposed face like a brick wall.
9. Ha, ha, ha….someone soiled their pants!!!

10. Figure I’m worse off because Paul gave me a dvd player. After buying an extra wire and getting Ryan to inquire about the stupid machine, it still doesn’t work. We haven’t had a movie night since the big move. This bites pickles! Ventured to Emart to check out a new dvd player.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Is that you that smells?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I soon found out you can't change the world. The best you can do is to learn to live with it. ~Henry Miller

No comments: