As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, March 28

1. Spent a good part of my morning squirming over the lingering smell that lured in the staff room. Quite relieved too when I found out it wasn’t my feet.
2. Question of the day from my VP was so comical, “What do you think of the principle, please, I need an honest opinion.” He’s been really going hardcore with studying English.
3. As the army stretching session started I snuck out of the teacher’s room only to be chased by Mr. Science Guy as he yelled, “Haji-ma ssangnhem Amy… e-de-wa!!!” (translation: “Don’t do that teacher Amy… come here!!!”). Found refugee in the woman’s bathroom for about a minute until he came pounding on the door.
4. My strict new strategy that I’ve picked up is locking the classroom doors after the bell goes. Students late for my classes thought it was funny being stuck in the halls until the principle came and gave them a licking!
5. What was originally thought to be a small class is now a big production. I am planning to teach English to my teachers at Eumbong M.S. but was only expecting 4-6 and every second week. Now, there’s about 9 signed up and they’re eagerly asking for classes EVERY week!
6. Today was the big ping pong tournament and staff supper. I did some early morning cramming of how to play ping-pong but I was really dreading the tournament. It wasn’t even suppose to be a tournament. It was suppose to be a casual game but then they went all hardcore with it!
7. My partner was the computer teacher who’s cute and so nice. I felt bad because he had to deal with me, a totally clueless ping-pong player. The only advice he could say in English was “one thing important… hit ball is must”. Thanks partner.
8. I didn’t know what the heck I was doing and I was sure we were doing bad but then all the cheering started… they were cheering for my partner and me. Apparently in our group (2 groups) we WON! I have no idea how that happened!!!
9. Celebrated the definitely unexpected victory with a large plate of octopus. Thanks to Mr. Jo for taking that plate of live octopus away and cooking it for me.
10. As Mr. Jo cut the octopus open, brain juice shot across the table. “Mrs. Prego” was a quick victim and I hid behind Mrs. Chung. I’d like to think that I’m pretty opened-minded but eating octopus brain and drinking up all that brain juice is going a little bit too far for my comfort level.



QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Englisheee yes?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
It is a fearful thingto love what death can touch.
-- Unknown

No comments: