As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, April 14

1. Happy Black Day Korea..... for those who don't know "Black Day"...it's a day when all the single people eat black Chinese noodles. I thankfully won't be celebrating it this year.
2. Happy Good Friday to everyone!

3. I think I’ve finally mastered that silly little hand-clapping routine that’s apparently the craze with all my elementary kids. Yes Brett… you and you’re super freaky-fast hands are much quicker than me. What the heck was I thinking, trying to compete with a little kid that’s obsessed with that hand clapping thing.
4. What a relief… didn’t have to kick out Kyle from my grade 5 class. Last week he got a beating and a half from a fellow teacher and so I was really not looking forward to having a repeat of that this week.
5. Oh my gosh… turned around only to bump into Mr. Cutie at Eumbong Elementary School and spill my water on him. Quickly grabbed a tissue and was about to help him clean himself off when I stop and realized where the water had splashed on him…. talk about an ackward situation. I think we both blushed!
6. During coffee time with the other teachers, the topic of discussion was money. I thought my pay is sweet compared to the other foreign teachers but Mr. Funny-Pants’ pay is a cavity!!!
7. Surprise, surprise…. turns out I’ve got all these extra holidays in May!!! Excellent! I’ve got a total of 5 extra days off…. I love Korea!
8. Had an interesting chat with a fellow Torontonian who I’m convinced is either going to end up dying of AIDS or having some guy’s girlfriend kill her…I’m serious. Monika… change your ways.
9. Emart again tonight for more strawberries! Ryan eats them with maple syrup…ya, if that’s not going to cause him tons of cavities than I don’t know what will!
10. So much for me being a good movie date… ten minutes into the movie and I was asleep. Sorry Ryan.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where did you come from and where are you going?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever shall believe in him shall have everlasting life.
-- John 3:16

No comments: