As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, April 28

1. My Friday elementary kids had to do some school stretching and marching activity outside and so they came to class 40mins late.
2. I’m lovin’ my parent’s class… or should I say mother’s class?! Today the ladies brought yogurt and muffins. We sat around chatting about my relationship with Ryan and how I want to learn Korean. These ladies rock!
3. So cute… the ladies in my parent’s class wrote a note to Ryan asking him when they can all take me and him out for dinner.
4. Dang…. right as I stepped up onto the sidewalk I had realized that I left my cell phone in my co-worker’s car. Nuts!
5. Only because I know Ryan’s come along for the ride when he really didn’t want to, I agreed to go tonight. So off we went to Darren’s party. I like Darren, he’s cool but his guest list…not so cool.
6. Thought it’d be quick and painless, like ripping off a bandaid. Called for back-up, my homegirl Jenn, but she wasn’t feeling good and so I was in on this alone.
7. Surprisingly, the night started off quite fun. I met this cool chic, Aimee, and her friend Justin. They were pretty funny and so it was a good time.... then things changed.
8. Turns out the Scottish Idiot reads my blog… and ya, I think I’ll keep that name for ya cause it’s kind of catchy. He had no idea who I was at first and so that was rather amusing.

9. Turns out Darren’s guest list also included the dude we had the “pleasure” of sitting beside at the restaurant the other day. Ya, that was uncomfortable.
10. Highlight of my night was leaving. Ryan treated me to spicy beef at like 2:30am.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you for real?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I mean what I say and I say what I mean... if he's cleaver enough to find my words than he's smart enough to read them and understand them.
-- Me

No comments: