As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, April 7

1. Have you ever woke up and thought if you wished hard enough, the whole day would disappear? That was today for me. After spending too much time last night writing up lesson plans for a teacher that knows only a handful of English, I woke up with lack of sleep and not in a good mood.
2. Kyle in my grade 5 class was being a royal pain in the you know where so I kicked him out of class. No sooner did I kick him out than I went to go get him and caught my co-teacher beating him on the head. What she views as discipline I viewed as cruelty. I felt so sad and so I promised myself I’d never kick him, or any other student at this school, out of class again.
3. Got bombarded by some of my Eumbong Elementary girls who said one of my middle school student’s instant messanger message is “Ms. B is mine”. Of course my curious mind inquired about the student’s name.
4. First thing I did when I returned to my middle school was look up the English name of my “secret admirer”… not so secret anymore. There’s definitely a strange but flattering feeling that comes with knowing one of my prized students is infactuated with me.
5. Spent the rest of the afternoon trying to dodge my not-so-secret admirer.
6. Filled up on tea and coffee the rest of the afternoon cause I couldn’t really stomach my food at lunch time. Had a hard time shaking the image of Kyle getting wacked on the head out of my head.
7. So cute… I told some co-workers that I’ve never eaten a yellow melon until I came to Korea and so today the principle treated ALL staff to yellow melon and even sent me home with one.
8. Found 101 ways how to waste 3 hours. I don’t teach Friday and Wednesday afternoons but I’ve been getting pretty creative with how I spend that time.

Emailed some friends.
Sat with my VP and gave him a private English lesson.
Went for a walk up the mountain behind my school.
Jammed the paper shredder.
Fixed the paper shredder.
Made every teacher coffee.
Wrote a silly children’s poem.

Painted my nails with white-out.
Picked off all the white-out from my nails.
Sharpened 30 new pencils.
Watered every plant in the teacher's room.
Edited 10 students' emails to their ePALS.
Played around with the format of my ePALS webpage.

9. Noticed lately that I’ve been getting pretty curious about driving Ryan’s scooter. Tonight I had him push me down the street on it while I made scooter noises and pretended to honk at people. So funny!

10. Ordered in for supper and had a movie night with my favorite beauty…Ryan. Tonight's featured film was "Black Hawk Down".

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Could it ever get any better than this?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
This IS the life!
--Me

No comments: