As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, April 10

1. Won’t even get into the morning drama with waking up at 8:10am to Mr. Science guy outside my window!!! Talk about pulling through under pressure but it meant I had to play it up the whole day… never mind.
2. Ran into my not-so-secret admirer at school today. I couldn’t help but giggle at the fact that I know his secret.
3. Announced to my classes that my camera has gone missing. Blackmailed them into thinking I know who took it. Let’s see if it works.
4. Totally got drilled by my student Jack who rushed into the teacher’s room all concerned and wanted to know every detail about my camera. This guy’s wicked!
5. Ariel… you are the better man. Thanks for being a friend. Much respect to ya!
6. Shocked all my ePAL students with emailing them a Korean email. Little do they know Ryan wrote it for me. I’m sure I’ll get a lot of questions about it tomorrow.
7. Holy cow batman… Ryan’s method of making pickles apparently seems to be working. I guess I shouldn’t tell him that buying real pickles is much cheaper!
8. Finished writing that children’s poem I started the other day at work. That’s for being my audience Jenn.
9. Supper’s disaster consisted of soggy rice, dried up kimchi, cheese wieners who’s cheese all poured out onto the plate when I cut them and soup that was as thick as baby’s pabulum. We won’t even talk about Ryan’s white wine cork disaster! Ya, it was great.
10. Did some online shopping with Ryan for “couple helmets”. There’s couple shirts, couple rings, couple hats, and now we invented couple helmets. He’ll be getting a black and white one and mine will be pink in white. Same design pattern just different colours. Cute.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I play the "birthday card" yet?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A man who will not lie to a woman has very little consideration for her feelings.
-- Olin Miller

No comments: