As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, April 17

1. You know it’s love when the man you love hates mornings with a passion and yet gets up and drives you to work in the chilly weather.
2. Ryan’s true shyness came out when we pulled up to my school and some of my students were walking up the driveway. He wouldn’t even drive me up the rest of the way but instead insisted I get off. So funny.
3. Had to make up some silly story for my middle school kids about finding my camera… of course I couldn’t tell them where I really found the camera!
4. While chilling out at my desk with LOADS of work to do (ya right) I get informed that I have class. I love it… they change the schedule and no one tells me!
5. Today is Easter Monday and so my ePAL members wrote to their ePALS in America asking about what Easter is. One American girl wrote, “Easter Day is when Jesus came back from his die thing and other people think that it is a bunny day and eggs with candy day.” Did you understand?
6. Tomorrow’s the big day. Apparently all the Asan education board members and some of Asan city council members are coming to my school and so today all were stressing out over it.
7. At 3:10pm everyone in the school, teachers, staff, and students, all turned into workaholic cleaning freaks! I was really impressed to see the humbleness of my principle who was seen scrubbing the walls.

8. Oddly enough, I was nervous entering my new gym. Today was my first day working out there and so I busted my butt trying to make a good first impression.
9. Got asked if I was Russian by a Korean who’s ego was so big I’m surprised it even fits in his mother’s cheap car. I was really insulted and so my response was, “No, but you’re a funny Japanese!” Ya, that pretty much shut him up.
10. Because Ryan isn’t able to go faster than 60km/hr until he reaches that 1000km mark (for safety) I can relax. But I must admit, he’s getting really testy with his driving. What’s with the no hands? I feel like your mother getting all worked up over this piece of metal you call “baby #3”.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How do I get me one of those?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Where man sees but withered leaves,God sees sweet flowers growing.
--Albert Laighton

No comments: