As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, April 24

1. I just LOVE it when it’s already an important day and then they tell me the schedule has changed and so I have class in like 2 minutes. This time I said no. “You can’t do this to me today!” So, someone else taught the class, sweet. It meant I was able to have that expected prep time and taught one less class!
2. Today the supervisors from the Ed Office came. They announced their arrival and as we all (staff) nervously stood up they came walking in and I started giggling!!! Turns out the man I’m suppose to be so nervous to meet, well, we’ve already met! I met him about 3 weeks ago in the school yard where we talked about boxing. At the time I had no idea who he was.
3. I knew I had nothing to lose with the supervisor attending my class. In class we were talking about sports and so he was lovin’ it!
4. Watched a slideshow of the male teachers, VP, and principle’s winter trip to Jeju Island. Only in Korea would the commentary for a sloppy picture be “sorry… all of us were really drunk and I had constapation all day.” Who says this stuff… really?! Apparently the Koreans do. No secrets, ha, ha, ha!
5. Went out for supper with all the Eumbong staff and even the head supervisor, my buddy. Amused the men with my ability to do numerous “one shot” and amused the women with my secret of shots of water! Ha, ha, ha!
6. A serious chat with Ryan about Canada (trip, life, work) turned rather amusing…
“If you get married to a Canadian than you don’t have to worry about a visa”
”Hmmm…. your brother Robbie? …Ya, I like the facial hair.”
“It’s legal. My country would marry you two!”
7. In a matter of two days Ryan and I have pretty much eaten our weight in strawberries!
8. OH MY GOSH…. read today that my homegirl Jenn is leaving South Korea! Now I’ll have to represent Durham Region on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Had a sad moment at the realization that some of my friends have moved back to their countries, some are soon leaving, and that’s how South Korea will always be…. people moving.


10. No comment on the rest of my night… :(

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
When does the moving stop?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
If you don't know, who knows?!
-- Yoonbeer

No comments: