As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, April 3

1. My shipment of English books came in today…. yahhhhhh!!! The school allowed me to pick and order some books for the English library I wanted to start.
2. Have you heard in the news about Lotte World in Korea? Lotte World is a popular indoor/outdoor amusement park. Apparently a few weeks ago a park quest was killed due to some accident involving a rollercoaster. So, what did Lotte World do?… they offered FREE admission for SIX DAYS. Smart idea?! Hmmm, NO. So when Sunday came around and THREE TIMES the normal limit showed up, needless to say, there were problems! 35 people were injured but the most serious injury was a broken arm.
3. Total confusion with “no name” student in my 1-1 class. Turns out he doesn’t remember his English name and apparently doesn’t seem very responsive to Korean. I spoke to him in English, he didn’t understand… Ispoke to him in Korean, he didn’t understand,… my coteacher spoke to him in Korean, he still didn’t understand. Named him Bobby.
4. How many Koreans does it take to screw in a light bulb?…. I love Koreans but honestly it took me, one person, to answer a simple problem that four Koreans debated for an hour. Apparently my English class for the parents is going to be a packed house. My simple solution, put an enrolment limitation on the class. Ahhhh!
5. Some guys try to romance their lady with flowers, others it’s chocolate, Ryan… he showed up with a bag of banana milk! Works for me!
6. Turns out they now have banana milk LIGHT, great! Now I can drink twice as much! I look forward to it!
7. I want a baby... a four-legged baby! I can’t get that little boy out of my head…. the dog that is. Trying to convince Ryan to help me raise a little four legged baby. If he doesn’t agree to it than I’m not going to get him. I don't want to be a single mom! Ryan…. please!!! If you say yes then you don’t have to get me a birthday present! I promise he’s not going to turn into another Daewoo. Daewoo had a crazy gene in him!
8. Got out of returning the weekend movies with my plead to Ryan… “Don’t make me go out this late. Three girls got raped and killed in Cheonan, do you want me to be the fourth?” And with that, he returned the movies. Between you and me, I was just being lazy… BUT, the fact that every Korean man goes to the army and learns a martial arts is kind of scary! Then again, I think I’m packing more muscle than most. Sorry guys.
9. Spent the evening showing Ryan numerous pictures of the little guy I want. He’s a beautiful minature pinscher that only stands about a foot tall. I thought my begging was successful until I asked him if the little guy looked cute and he responded by saying, “Ya, he’d look cute on my plate!” Nasty!

10. Took a nap and then woke up to watch “Shrek”. I think I saw the first 30 minutes of it, maybe, and then it was lights out for me!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Would you eat a dog?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Just because it's different doesn't mean that it's wrong.
-- Anonymous

No comments: