As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, April 1

1. Went back to the “scene of the crime” (Leechard Hair Salon) and complained to the manager about yesterday’s horror event. She was just as rude as Ms. Attitude and so I gave her a good Canadian jersey, a good purple nerple, then I gave her a classic headlock and threw her over my shoulders like a sack of potatoes.... Happy April Fool's Day. Just jokes!
2. Ryan went to the hospital today and they sent him home with some funky stinky-smelling herbal drinks and lots of pills.
3. Jack of all trades, master of none…. today I was Doctor Amy.
4. Waffles for lunch, pancakes for dinner. I’m all maple syruped out! Oh, but those pancakes were wicked! Western buttermilk pancakes that were like 2 inches thick! Good stuff!
5. While standing at the street corner waiting for the light to change, I couldn’t but comment at a conversation I overheard. “It’s really raining, eh.”… I responded with “holy Canadian eh!”. They loved the comment and we all laughed. Turns out the four of them work at a hagwan near Pyongteck but they came to check out Cheonan for day. Ya, I believe it. Only a westerner would visit Cheonan, Koreans know it’s not the most happening place around.
6. Text message marathon with some of my Eumbong Middle School students. They’re so cute but today was a bit too much. I counted 19 texts!
7. Feeling a bit of stress because of my new ePALS club…. I made the group small but a certain “someone” added more and so there’s too many students in the group now.
8. Finally made a decision on what dvd player to buy at Emart and my luck, they were all sold out. Had to go to Carrafour to get it.
9. As much as I’m a true believer in Anna Sui, wearing Anna Sui lipgloss while flying through Cheonan streets on Ryan’s scooter was a stupid move. That stuff is super sticky and so I got it all in my hair, yucky! Jenn…. we should have used this for our wallpapering party. I’m sure the paper would have stuck better!
10. FIRST MOVIE NIGHT SINCE THE BIG MOVE!!!! Tonight’s feature film was “Changing Lanes”, starring Ben Afleck and, one of my all time favourite leading men, Samual L. Jackson.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I drive?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Promise me, Pooh, that you won't forget me ever, because if I thought you would, I wouldn't leave.
-- Winnie the Pooh

No comments: