As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, April 22

1. Left the club at 5:30am and headed to Gangnam subway for the first train of the day. Man, I’m too old for this stuff!
2. Slept most of the way on the freezing subway. And I thought being a white foreigner got looks, Trin and his buddies definitely got looks!!! Finally made it home at 8am and crashed.
3. Didn’t wake up till about 6 pm. Woke up and my feet were still so sore. Stelletto heels are definitely not dancing shoes.
4. Foot massage from Ryan… nice!
5. Text messages ALL DAY from Kim Sung Hoon…. I had met him yesterday but am not too sure on which Korean he was. Don’t get me wrong, I gave out a friend’s number instead of my own but I know a couple of them got my number when I forgot my cell on the table and walked away. I hope he’s not Mr. Pushy-Pants cause his buddy ended up pushing him in attempt to get him to stop forcing himself on me. Hopefully it’s Mr. Nice Guy cause well, he’s Mr. Nice Guy, no explanation needed.
6. Hadn’t eaten anything for over 26 hours and so I was starting to get sick. Ryan was craving porraige and so we ventured out to Ssangyong-Dong to this wicked porrage restaurant we like. After about 5 spoonfuls I was full.
7. I’m convinced that my all-nighter cardio workout made me lose 5 pounds and it shrunk my tummy. No more baby Buddha belly.
8. Scored big on the strawberries at the local traditional Korean market. Awesome!
9. Eat your pickled garlic Ryan!
10. Movie night with my man, a huge bowl of strawberries and ice cream…. life is sweet!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who you calling "stinky bum"?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
-- Jerry Seinfield

No comments: