As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, April 29

1. Thought Ryan would like my super girly new jacket. Turns out he thinks it resembles the same one his GRANDMA wears…. ya, thanks.
2. Our couple helmets came in!!!
3. In Ryan’s excitement to crack open the box to see the helmets he accidentally scratched one with the knife. Such an eager little cutie!
4. Rather dangerous but so funny… thought it fun to take pictures of Ryan and his new helmet as we were driving… ha, ha, ha. Ya, I’m sure that the passing traffic thought that was rather strange. Ha, ha, ha. Lots of laughs though.
5. Visited the Korean traditional market and visited our strawberry lady again. Lately I’ve been eating my weight in strawberries….I’m addicted!
6. Got the inside secret on the strawberries by the strawberry lady…. shhhhh, I can’t tell you!
7. Apparently there’s a man that comes once in awhile on weekends, selling pets. Today’s selection included baby chicks, quail, bunnies, and ducklings. I begged Ryan to go in on with me for two baby ducks but he said he’d think about it…. which really means “let’s see if you’ll remember them next week”. Beware…. I will remember!
8. Oh the things I would do if there was no consequence. After forgetting my camera at the restaurant, I went back for it but the one lady said it wasn’t there. I knew for a fact I left it on the table. In my head I saw myself picking up the chopsticks and doing some funky kung fu, kama-kazi throw. So I asked again. This time she changed her answer…. she’s lucky. I’ve got good aim.
9. Am convinced Ryan taught that silly dude doing that stupid dance (commercial) how exactly to do that dance. He’s got it down to an art. Those living in Korea, oh you KNOW what commercial I’m talking about. Ha, ha, ha.
10. Movie night… “Mission Impossible”.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How long does a pet duck live?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Silly rabit, tricks are for kids!
-- Lucky Charms cereal ad

No comments: