As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, April 8

1. Today Ryan journeyed out to Seoul to get his new scooter… cool, cool.
2. After receiving a nasty email, I must admit I spent too much time debating what to say to this person. So I will say this… much thanks to this certain someone for blowing things way out of proportion and for proving to be a bigger idiot than WE initially gave him credit. You’re not worth the air your breathing so you’re DEFINITELY not worth my time.
3. Jenn I love you… no, I’m not a lesbian but I do appreciate having a friend that backs me up and calms me down. Don’t leave Korea!!!
4. Snapped out of it around 4pm and then I went for a jog.
5. Decided to venture out to the land of military personel… Suwon and then Songtan. While on the subway, I ran into Mr. Egypitan. An overly aggressive and annoying guy who didn’t get the hint when I pretended to speak only Korean that I wasn’t interested in his cheesey pick-up lines and bad breath.
6. Turns out in the same train car is some Korean guy who is bilingual and so Mr. Egypitan tried to get him to translate things for us. Great. Thought my cover would be blown but I think when I called Mr. Egyptian “byung shin” (retard), the Korean understood what was going down.
7. Talk about a great lasting meeting… as my train slowed down to where Ron was waiting for me, I jumped off and pushed him into the next train car where we then ran to another train car. Talk about an adrenelane rush!
8. Ron took me to a jazz club that played no jazz. It wasn’t totally a bust though cause I’m never one short for words and so we had a great chat.
9. Well Ron, your secret is out…. the Koreans have discovered your true identity! “Ron” by day, “Steve Austin” by night… cool! I think you were the highlight of that dude’s night, and mine too.
10. Made my way back home and watched the rest of Shrek before going to bed.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you proud of yourself?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I don't think the HUMV is coming back for us
-- quote from the movie "Black Hawk Down"

No comments: