As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, April 16

1. Lunch at TGIF… haven’t been there in such a long time.
2. Laundry day… laundry galore! You should have seen how nasty-dirty my beautiful cream coat was because of yesterday’s adventure!
3. Emails from long lost friends… one of which who should have stayed lost!
4. Interesting msn messages from a guy who I’m sure is waking up now clueless to just how open he was on msn!!!
5. Watched some documentary about bodybuilding pioneers and for some reason Ryan had the urge to strut his stuff and give his best posses. Good job Ryan, those guys have nothing on you.
6. I can’t believe I use to think those overly tanned, steroid pumped, and testosterone high dudes were hot stuff…. key word being “were”. Don’t get me wrong, some of my body building buds will always be cool dudes to me but that’s because they proved to be more than just gym freaks… they were human too.
7. Poor Kwong-Ho… Ryan’s best friend is in Japan and in addition to being a Korean (and we all know it’s assumed all Koreans hate Japanese) surround by Japanese, he hardly speaks any English.
8. Did I forget to mention that the other day Ryan dropped the news that he wants to get married soon….to who? Just jokes.
9. Because of Ryan’s comment the other day I’ve spent a lot of time really thinking about where I see my life in a few years. Am I going to live in Korea forever, maybe.
10. Am shocked that I’m not bald after Ryan combed my tangled hair. We went on a scooter ride and it left my hair in knots. Oh does my head ever hurt. Of course I won’t learn a lesson and I’ll probably do it again tomorrow!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Will the Japanese ever stop arguing about Dok-do Island?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves.

-- Drew Barrymore

No comments: