As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, April 2

1. Woke up from a weird dream where a crowd of people were yelling at me to look at something. I wasn’t scared but instead woke up with their words stuck in my head. Turns out they were saying “my students”. Hmmm, interesting.
2. Halleluiah… there is life after death. Could have sworn that I’d wake up with all my hair missing after Friday’s horror night at the salon. I was so nervous to blow dry it yesterday but today I gave it the royal test… blow dry AND hair curler. It’s alive!!!
3. Turns out Ryan had an interesting dream too but he can’t tell me because it’s bad luck so he bought a lotto card instead. Someone must have got hurt in his dream cause bad stuff happening in dreams in good luck in Korea.
4. Cheers… Ryan can breath through his nose again!
5. Cheese rammiyun… yummy!
6. I love bath time!
7. Someone’s got too much time on their hands… in the news some Korean made an ice cream sundae that’s worth 1 million won (= $1,000 CDN). It’s topped with gold that apparently you can eat.
8. Oh my gosh… someone else soiled their pants. It’s not what you think!
9. Movie night again. That’s two for two now.
10. Late into the night I woke up from a freaky dream that left me totally confused. I dreamt that some of my student’s parents were sitting on my floor watching me sleep. I woke up and swore it was real. Hid under my covers till I realized I must have been dreaming.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you pinching?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
-- Jimmy Dean

No comments: