As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, April 23

1. Bad hair day!
2. Sleeping patterns are totally messed up still from Friday!
3. Seriously curious about getting my driver’s license… by this time next year I plan on cruising down the streets of Cheonan on my 4-wheeler!
4. Amused myself by making faces to the starring onlookers as Ryan and I flew through the streets of Cheonan…. there, now you really have something to stare at!
5. Visited the traditional Korean market again but this time we strolled down and saw it all… including the town old drunks who, among the three of them, downed a whole bottle of soju in 1 minute!
6. Text message marathon AGAIN with Kim Sung Hoon… turns out he’s Mr. Pushy Pants and he just won’t go away!!!
7. Speak of the devil…. was just complaining about Science Guy and his suspicious excuses why he randomly can’t drive me when all of a sudden he text messaged me. He can’t drive me tomorrow… what a surprise.
8. Am convinced Science Guy’s real nickname is “Mr. Back Window”…. a young guy with a new girlfriend who lives in Asan. It’d take a long time to drive back to Cheonan for me and then back track to Asan… ya, that’s right. I think he’s having secret “sleepover parties” (she lives with her parents). It’s the only way I see that justifies his sketching behaviour and numerous excuses.
9. Contemplating my options for my summer holidays…. visit Canada, volunteer in the southern part of South Korea, work at the summer English camps and make mad cash… or go somewhere secluded and away from it all? Maybe I could fly in Robbie… cool!
10. Tonight’s feature was “The Forgotten”. I’ve seen it before but I loved the fact that the dvd offered an extended version with an alternative ending. Cool.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How could you have let me out of the house looking like this?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
How can I control my life if I can't control my hair?!
-- Fido Dido

No comments: