As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, April 30

1. Trip to Daejon cancelled and I’m still trying to figure why.
2. Not impressed with Ryan’s decision to cancel the trip and so I decided that I wasn’t going to let him spoil my day. I left the house and went in search of my own fun.
3. Ran into the girl at the “Skin Food” store downtown. Apparently her and her fellow staff friends all know me as the “lip gloss girl”… I’m addicted to that stuff and admit I’ve got quite the extended collection.
4. Swapped numbers with the Skin Food girl, Ji Eun. She’s really interested in learning English and so she’s looking for an English friend. What the heck, I’ve got nothing to lose and plus it meant I scored major samples today.
5. Today’s weather was so amazingly beautiful but it only served to make me more mad at Ryan for cancelling our drive to Daejon.
6. Humoured a small crowd of Koreans with my ability to tell off four most annoying brown guys who thought that I’d be cool with them swarming me at the mall bench area. They’re lucky Tasha wasn’t here … she’d hapkido their sorry butts!
7. Hoping it wasn’t too obvious that I was there alone… ran into one of my middle school students at the movie theatre and so I told him I was looking for my boyfriend. I think he knew by the look on my face that I was there alone.
8. Treated myself to Danzel Washington’s new movie “Inside Man”. He was awesome, as usual.
9. Capped off the evening with dinner for one at my house while Ryan played on the computer. I think it was pretty obvious to him that I was still upset. Can’t say he didn’t deserve it though.
10. Still trying to figure out who’s more stubborn… Ryan or me.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If you don't know, who knows?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Change your mind.
-- Yoonbeer

No comments: