As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, April 9

1. Talk about a blast from the past…. Ryan Dudgeon. I remember the day he showed up in Whitby with flowers. I thought they were for me but they were actually for my mother.
2. Seems like today was the day to dig up MORE names from the past. On MySpace I not only discovered my high school friends Cameron, Dawn and Hodge, but I also discovered my high school grade 12 prom date, Sean.
3. Scoped out some more faces from high school on MySpace. Turns out time was nicer to some than others while others haven’t changed. Mr. Cool dude who was once a wild child, now has tamed down and has limited himself to one girlfriend. Mr. Popular is now pudgy. Mr. Class Clown is now the teacher. Mr. Little Cutie is now Mr. Tall hottie. Ms. Know-it-All apparently knows nothing now. Mr. Cutie is now Mr. Smarty-pants and Ms. Ugly Duckling is now the school swan!
4. See, being cool in high school means NOTHING in life. Take Dawn for example, her and I weren’t the coolest of girls, she was quiet and I was a social butterfly but now she’s definitely one of the prettiest and I ain’t so bad either. Looks like time was good to us both!
5. It’s official… I can’t find my Casio digital camera and now I’m freakin’ out! I know I had mentioned that I wanted to upgrade to a better one but I didn’t mean now!
6. It felt like Christmas was in the air again with Ryan showing up with TWO HUGE bricks of cheese, lots of pickles, and LOTS of sausages from Costco! So cool!
7. Ya Ron… I know you get all those Costco goodies on base… bite me! Ha, ha, ha.
8. Ryan’s new baby… baby #3, came home today. I think I will one day love him but I’m still stuck on Vino… his first scooter. (I’m his #1 baby, followed by Vino and then this blue new guy).
9. First test drive on the new scooter took us on a grand tour of Cheonan. We ventured to some random university, some lake I had discovered last week, and even out to my middle school in Asan!
10. Watched some Chinese movie that flashed English subtitles way too fast across the screen even I couldn’t read it. Good pick Ryan. If you weren’t so cute I’d fire your Korean bum!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What ever happened to dreaming big?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg eventhough he knows that you are slightly cracked.
-- Bernard Meltzer

No comments: