As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, April 13

1. Finished watching “Shrek” in my 2-2 class. The best was when my student Ryan said, “Ah…now I know. Your boyfriend kiss you so you are now beautiful”…. in the movie Fiona takes on “love’s true form by true love’s kiss”.
2. Word is officially out among my middle school boys that yes, I do in fact kiss my boyfriend. Ryan from class 2-2 had a field day with this gained knowledge. Next question of course was what kind of kiss do I give my boyfriend. Ah….gotta love the curiosity of teenage boys. So funny.
3. Sat around for a couple of hours with my little Sue. We shared grapes. She ate the inside only, like a typical Korean, and I ate the outside. Oh, I’m so rebellious…ha, ha, ha.
4. I am slowly going crazy, 1-2-3-4-5-switch. Slowly going, crazy am I, 1-2-3-4-5-switch
5. Great….now I’ve got that stupid Emart song stuck in my head!!!
6. Gave Ryan an automaton…. let me get a dog or let me drive your scooter. It’s a tough one!
7. Thought I’d be an adventurous chic by trying to drive Ryan’s scooter. Jumped on the little best and the roar of it’s mighty little engine kind of spooked me. I could so see myself driving it into the wall so I called it quits. I will come back for you though!
8. I think Ryan’s really feeling bad for saying no about the whole dog issue. Yesterday it was ice cream and today it was dinner out at a nice Korean restaurant. I ate like a queen!
9. Felt like kicking the restaurant window when a certain 3 Korean females just wouldn’t stop staring at Ryan and me. I’d would have stared back at you girls but you just aren’t worth my time and aren’t so pretty to look at.
10. More pressure talk with Ryan about the dog. Doesn’t he see that stubborn is obviously my middle name?!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What is a sane man to do in an insane society?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Don't call me irrational. It makes me crazy when you do that.
-- from the TV Show "Frasier"

No comments: