As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, April 20

1. Jokes with Chloe and Ryan in my 2-2 class. They’re all about girls and so they were on this rambage today asking me all these questions about girls. They seem to have this impression that my English class is health class.
2. Assigned homework to my hyper-active, totally noisy class 1-2. They had to go home and look up the word “punk”. After getting frustrated with them I told them “I didn’t come miles and miles to your country only to teach punks”. They were clueless and so it became homework. 3. After dealing with super hyper 1-2 class, I then taught class 3-1 with a very low patience. And so when they wouldn’t stop talking I decided I was done teaching the class. Well, that’s when they all started to apologizing. “I’m sorry Ms.B, come here, come teach me. Me be good student”. I wasn’t really mad so I felt bad for them apologizing so much. I explain the similarities to them with them and my boyfriend and was totally embarrassed and went beat read. I realized how silly our little spats really are.
4. Made every student in class 3-1 pinky-swear they wouldn’t tell their friends that my face turned cherry red.
5. After telling all my ePAL members my devious ways of my younger days, I’m now convinced that my innocent looks are just that, looks. That worked for me in the past, now I’m a “changed person”…ya, okay.
6. While hanging with Sue, I was rather distracted by the moving men bringing in what Sue’s mom bought on their “little” shopping spree in Seoul. This lady has expensive taste to say the least, it’s incrediable. Some people just have too much money? I wish that was my problem! Ha, ha, ha.
7. So cool. Sue got some robot delivered from Hong Kong. We spent some time playing with it and trained it how to burb! Ha, ha, ha.
8. While discussing favourite animals with Sue, she said her new favourite animal is the “liger”. She claims it’s father is a lion and it’s mother is a tiger but I was convinced that she had made it up. So, I told her my new favourite animal was a monkphant…. monkey father, elephant mother. Great… now I’ve got to go apologize to Sue. Turns out the “liger” is a new cross species that some scientist invented. A “tion” is the opposite of a “liger”.

9. Got a little too into the song while in the shower and so swish went all my makeup into the toilet…. nasty!
10. Quick visit to Jenn's and what's this.... Ryan is being social?! Hmmmm...must be something he ate! Ha, ha, ha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do you need help with all that money of yours?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Show me the money!
-- from the movie "Jerry Maguire "

No comments: