As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, April 27

1. Schedule changes again…oh, I LOVE IT! …. can you tell I’m sarcastic?
2. Mrs. Chung told me she was taking me out for dinner and my first reaction was “Oh my gosh…. what did I do wrong. What does she want to tell me that she has to take me away from witnesses”. No worries though. I think she just wanted to treat me to a good dose of girl talk.
3. Got frustrated with George in my 1-2 middle school class after I repeatedly told him to stop tossing around his eraser. And then it happened…. I got hit! Everyone looked for my reaction and so I picked up the massive block of rubber and threw it as far as I could out the window!!!
4. The weather was so beautiful today and so for my ePALS club meeting I held it outside on the school benches. It was great but the China yellow sand was a bit too much for my contact lenses.
5. Got called a “pyoung tae” by Ryan in my 2-2 class. He said I looked like “pyoung tae… adult movie”. I really had no idea what that meant. I thought it meant I was sexy or something. Some of the girls tried to translate but I just couldn’t understand their Konglish.
6. Turns out Ryan in class 2-2 had called me a pervert. I suppose he was getting me back for calling him a “byoung shin” (retard)… he of course knew I was joking but I think he gets kicks out of knowing I’ll go home and use the new word on Yoonbeer. That’s good for a few good beatings there Ryan!
7. Had to admit to a 6 year old that I was wrong and she was right. So, I had to give Sue 1000 won for the beat I lost from last week…. the whole “liger” thing. I just didn’t believe here but she was right.
8. Only in Korea would you see three dudes on one scooter with no helmets and driving on the sidewalk…. this definitely is the flipside!
9. Totally exhausted tonight so Ryan made supper. Thanks sweetie. He had ordered some Japanese spices and soup and so they arrived today. Awesome!
10. Watched the Disney movie “Anastasia” tonight and was really disappointed that I had stayed up to watch it. That’s two hours less sleep I’ll get tonight!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you slacking off, too?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I just discovered that me and you have something in common because I hate womens underwear also.
-- Donkey Boy

No comments: