As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, April 6

1. Woke up in army-style… 9 minutes to get ready and be downstairs!!! While I was rushing around like a mad woman, my cell started beeping. Someone had text messaged me. I was too rushed to checked and so just as I was flying out the door I read it…. “Amy I’m going to be 10 minutes late.” …
2. The big topic of discussion today among my middle school boys was whether or not I’ve kissed my boyfriend and how to kiss. Silly talk… I love it.
3. Mutating into my father!!! Today at school I caught myself talking like my father and it was so funny. I remember at my father’s dinner table him telling me numerous stories of his rebellious youthful days. Today I told my 3-1 class….
4. Dreading tomorrow… Mrs. Chung says I should refuse to write an official typed-up lesson plan as oppose to my hand written ones. It’s not like any of them at that elementary school understands a word of English anyways. Just more ways to waste my time, thanks. My plan is to use super complicated English words and LOTS of them. That way it’ll confuse the heck out of them and they won’t ask again.
5. Caught the teachers practicing their English lesson I taught them yesterday… so funny!
6. First ePAL meeting… awesome! By the end of the day 5 out of my 16 students had already completed half of their homework that I’ve given them a week to complete! You guys rock!!!
7. Met up with my little sister Sue.
8. Strange man emailing me an even stranger preposition… freak, go crawl back under you rock where you came from.
9. Strike is off and so we’re back to eating together. We’ve finally finished the pickles and so Ryan’s going to try to experiment with making pickles. Ya, okay. Tonight’s speciality for supper was macaroni and cheese… and yes, it was Kraft dinner!!! Now that’s EXTRA special!!!
10. Late night Charlie-horses…. now my right cheek is numb. My butt wasn’t meant as a landing pad. We're a couple of "byung shins"! Ha, ha, ha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY…
Can I beat you up for free, my way?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
Hi I have an offer for you if you choose to accept it I will give you $5000…. all you have to do is tie me up and torture me.
-- Mr. Freak-me-out on MySpace

No comments: