As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, April 11

1. Day 2 of Detective Jack on the prowl for my camera. Jack is from my middle school 1-1 class. He’s been drilling everyone about my camera.
2. Out of pure frustration with Toto in my class, I decided to give him a little clip on the shoulder with my shoe. Proved to be more hilarious than effective.
3. I swear… it’s all Mr. Science Guy’s fault!!! Today he dropped me off right after the downtown bridge where the DOG store is… yes, I ventured in. There sat a cute little beagal but no, I didn’t buy it. Had I had the money on me I probably would have!!!
4. Am convinced the guy at the dog store is frustrated with me at this point. Whenever I come into his shop I get all the dogs all excited by playing with them and then I leave them whining….. trust me, I could take them all, I WOULD!
5. Spent a good part of my evening searching out the perfect dog for me.
6. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE can I get the dog?! No, I’m not asking…. I’m begging at this point!
7. I think I may have allergies cause with the change of the season I’ve been really having a hard time fighting the temptation to rub my eyes. At the end of the day I reward myself with 5 minutes of non-stop deep rubbing. Feels good but I want it to all stop!
8. I think today may be the last day of China’s sand invading our turf and it’s about time too!
9. As if we needed another reason to banana milk…. now at Emart they’re giving away mini thermo cups with banana milk packs.

10. Having to explain to Ryan and then having to have him explain to the clueless Emart clerk about what “hair conditioning treatment” was… well, was rather annoying. She either didn’t understand Korean or didn’t have a clue as to what products she was selling. Thankfully I’m a smart cookie and so I found it for myself, in the next aisle

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I please get a dog?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.
-- Gene Hill

No comments: