As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, April 18

1. I love it how some of these kids know NO English and yet have learned how to yell out “Sexy teacher” at the top of their lungs. How embarrassing!
2. Oh the things kids say. Because of the fact that my ePAL members have teacher monitored emails, I end up reading every email that they send and receive. I couldn’t help at some of the things they’re writing about…
One student is trying to teach her epal Korean and says they’re no cute Korean boys (what is she talking about?!).
Another says he misses his epal (thought this was cute).
One student (who’s pretty) went on and on about how she thinks she’s ugly.
Then there’s the student who recited word for word what I wrote on the board the other day.
Oh, and did I mention one student asked his epal to hook him up with an American girlfriend?…ha, ha, ha. Nice one.
3. All the top elite from Asan came strolling into my middle school today. We had about 60 guests. Everyone was decked out in suits, ties, skirts and all were looking as if they just stepped out of a magazine. It felt like a night at the Oscars… okay maybe not, but it was close.
4. Supervisor Lee showed up and, like always, he just had to comment about how he finds me so attractive. I’m glad that after all my hard work and dedication to my students that this is the one thing he can think to say. Interesting.
5. Had munchies with the staff after all our guests left. Only in Korea would the VP and Principle bust out booze and start singing in front of all their staff. Ah life on the flipside, I love it!
6. After yesterday’s retardedly hard workout I put myself through, I’m pretty sure that I’ve impressed the head trainer and have met his approval. Cool. Spent the whole day struggling to lift my arms above my head. Ouch!
7. Oh no, I did it again… without even thinking I put my gym locker key in my bag and then handed in someone else’s key. When that lady comes out of the shower she’s going to be so ticked off!
8. Apparently I’m friends with the police officer who monitors the lights near my gym. Didn’t realize this until today when he kept on yelling at me. I thought I had done something wrong but apparently all he wanted was to practice saying hi in English. We met yesterday… I mean, we saw each other yesterday.
9. Ryan has mastered the art of making western buttermilk pancakes! He’s going to make me an awesome wife! Ha, ha, ha.
10. Somebody’s got a boyfriend…. good stuff Wonder Woman. When am I going to meet this Wonder Boy?


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What are American boys really all about?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Here's looking at you, kid.
-- from the movie "Casablanca"

No comments: