As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, April 25

1. Just couldn’t drag my butt out of the bed in time and so I had to cab it to work. My principle saw me getting out of the taxi and he wasn’t impressed…. with Mr. S that is! I don’t know all that was said but he didn’t look at me all day and then it was silence in the car ride home!
2. Too much jokes with my 2-2 class. This is my favorite class and probably my most unproductive! We spent a good part of the class explaining various Korean words I had picked up on the subway.
3. Was told some of the girls in my 2-2 class are jealous cause I give some of the boys my attention. Sorry but the extent of your English is “Hi”, basically, and you never seem to have anything funny to say. I love funny people.
4. Directed ALL my attention to the whining 2-2 class girls and I think it was a bit of Ms. B overdose for them.
5. Rumours are flying around and today I found the answer…. yes, it’s true. They do use human waste for their crops! I smelt it…. I think I smelt a hint of kimchi too! Ha, ha, ha!
6. Ryan’s in denial about the human waste issue… maybe it’s because he’s the MAIN SUPPLIER!!! Ha, ha, ha!!!
7. Found a jazz dance academy down the street from me…. hmmm, ideas are rolling now!
8. The Korean Cy World’s got nothing on MySpace…. with over 73,000,000 members no wonder it was easy for “D” to find me!
9. Keep that up and your face is going to stay like that Ryan!
10. Damm Japanese…. we don’t like you but your spices are awesome. Thanks for the spices, now go away.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do I look like I care?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Pick me, pick me, pick me, pick me, pick ME!
-- Carrie from my 1-2 class

No comments: