As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, April 4

1. Started off my day with a call from Supervisor Lee. I was really thrilled (sarcastically speaking of course). Turns out he picked me for some profile on Asan education and so some newspaper photographer is going to be taking my picture on Thursday. Thursday’s “photo shoot” means I have to switch my teaching days and go to Eumbong elementary on Thursday as oppose to the regular Friday.
2. Lost at “ki-bi-bo” (rock, scissors, paper) with my student Robert and so I let them watch the Disney movie “Shrek” in class. I put the English subtitles on to accompany the spoken English, sat back, and relaxed.
3. At lunchtime Mark in my 1-1 class thought he’d do his impression of Superman and so he climbed up onto a locker and jumped! Well, he discovered that he wasn’t Superman and then we found out that he broke his arm in the discovery! Apparently this is the fourth time this kid had broken his arm. You’d think he would have learned his lesson by now!!!
4. So cute. While collecting homework in my 1-1 class I noticed that Jack did his homework assignment on ME! They’ve been learning about adjectives and so they had to fill in a “lost and found” poster based on a friend of theirs. Jack you’re amazing!!!
5. Yesterday’s “no name” student (now called Bobby) was totally on the ball today like he’s NEVER been before! I was so excited that he understood my instructions that I gave him a huge smile and a huge hug. It’s a miracle!
6. The English library is officially open at Eumbong Middle School but, there’s one problem. Today I opened the library and my students signed out ALL the books! What an ironic problem!
7. It’s official… I’ve finished making my blog for my Eumbong ePALS. Check it out and be sure to click on the link “PROFILES”. That link will take you to a new page where you’ll meet all the club members.

www.eumbongepals.blogspot.com

8. Opened the staff room door and, much to my surprise, was one of my prized students (Shine) lying on the floor. He and some of his friends got caught playing in the halls instead of attending class and so after school they all got a public beating. They all had to do a push-up pose as the teacher smack them all on their rears! Ouch!!!

9. As of today… I’m on strike. I figure I deserve to quit one of my three “jobs”… teacher, girlfriend, wife. I’m not a wife and so why do I cook all the meals and clean the house?!
10. Well that was a REALLY unproductive evening. Let's not do this again, thanks.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do you think crying is a sign of weakness?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
She will and she can, find a man who knows her worth.
-- from the song "A Woman's Worth" by Alisha Keys.

No comments: