As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, April 5

1. Started my day off with calling my brother in New York. Happy Birthday Bobby-B. Big shout outs to you and my homey Colin... Ronin! Much love to the both of you dudes!!!
2. Well this time it was my fault, I admit it. The techno problems for this Wednesday was the fact that I lost the cd and so the weekly routine at Wollang Elementary School continues…. new cd EVERY Wednesday!
3. Bad boy Mike in my grade 5 class was being a royal pain in the “you know where”. He wouldn’t stop touching EVERYTHING and so I took Ryan’s advice and made him stand with his arms in the air. All was cool until he hid behind the wall pillar and I forgot about him. Twenty minutes had turned him into a whinning, begging kid. Interesting.
4. Plans for tomorrow’s photo shoot with the local newspaper cancelled. That’s okay. On the bright side of it all, it means I’ll be hanging around Eumbong Middle School tomorrow as oppose to Eumbong Elementary. Nothings like home… my home school that is.
5. Still have giggles when I think of what an English dog says, “Bark, bark”, and what a Korean dog says, “Mong, mong”. I don’t think Daewoo said either… I think he said, “Mea chen, trouble”… Konglish (crazy trouble).
6. Today I started teaching the teachers English at my middle school. Thankfully half of them had classes to teach and so only 7 were able to attend. Kind of intimidating teaching teachers who have way more experience than me. It went really good.
7. Had a fun time helping the teachers pick English names. The P.E. teacher loved the name Jackson until my VP laughed out “Michael Jackson… you like child, yes?”
8. Hello June!
9. Went riding around Cheonan on my bicycle and what started out as a 20 min bike ride turned into a two hour tour. I ended up leaving my bike locked up at some ghetto apartment entrance cause I was frozen. Hey Tasha… did you see my bike when you came home tonight? Look after “Lucio” for me, thanks.

10. Came home and crashed around 9pm. I was cold, tired, hungry but too exhausted to do anything but veg-out.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I peck you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Hand check!
-- Anonymous

No comments: