As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, April 12

1. No that’s not morning breath…. that bad taste was left there from last night’s discussion with Ryan about getting a dog.
2. Slept in the car on my way to work and who was there waiting for me… the Wollang Principle. That meant I had like MINUS 5 minutes to set my computer up, print off the worksheet I typed up, grab my indoor shoes and get my Polish butt in his car.
3. Okay enough, is enough… you can stop giving me a new CD EVERY WEEK! I’m up to 7 grade five elementary English CDs, mind you, 4 of those 7 got damaged by their computer’s disk drive.
4. I LOVE being told that I have some big important document is due tomorrow when everyone else knew about it since Monday. Really impressed.
5. My English class for the teachers was cancelled today because of Monday’s upcoming visit from the Asan education supervisors. Seems like I’m the only teacher not freaking out!
6. Apparently every dog my co-teacher Mrs. Jhung sees reminds her of me….. huh? what? What she meant is that because of our on-going discussion about me wanting a dog, now every time she sees a dog she is reminded of how much I want one.
7. After yesterday’s chat with Ryan about the possibility of getting a little dog, it was obvious he wasn’t supportive. Him warning me that he’d eat it made it pretty clear for me. So, I was totally bummed out today and so I went to bed at 8pm.
8. Ryan always seems to know the perfect time to surprise me with ice cream. Must admit… it’s a sure shot it’d help the situation cause I’m a sucker for ice cream! Ice cream IS the way to my heart.
9. Think I was awake for one hour and then I called it a day again. Lights out.
10. Still haven’t broken Ryan down… he will break, I’m determined. I have to have more DOUBLE P… patience and persistence but in the mean time I'm so sad he still says no.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I please get a dog?
(Ya, I know it's the same question as yesterday but I'm going to keep on asking that until you give me a better answer!!!)

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
-- Jean de La Fontaine

No comments: