As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, April 19

1. Apparently I’m now in charge of the elementary students on the “party bus”, well that’s what I call it cause they go wild on it… I’m talking about dancing instead of sitting. Thankfully these mini-Koreans are light enough for me to toss around when they get out of hand.
2. First Wednesday with no public beatings going on in my class (by the other teacher that is).
3. Only in Korea could my class ever be cancelled on account that ALL my male students (including the VP) have hangovers. So no English class for the teachers tonight.
4. I was so bored today at work in the afternoon that I wrote 2 poems and even learned how to say “I am bored” in Korean… “shim shim hae yo”.
5. Amused everyone in the staff room with my misuse of the phrase “nol a jo yo”. I said it to this visiting photographer and instantly knew something was up when it caused him to give me this huge grin. Turns out it means “come play with me”. One of the female teachers had said it to me so it was said in a different context. How was I suppose to know?!
6. Word has it that I have 4-5 weeks of summer holidays…not 1 week like I had expected. AWESOME!!!
7. Updated my laptop display picture by posting a picture of me that I thought was pretty. The teachers mistook it for a provocative picture and so it became the talk of the teacher’s room. Great.
8. Stupid Canada… Toronto had 21 degree weather today while we got rained on all day. The rain totally killed our school entrance garden!
9. My newest friend, and probably one of the most interesting, is the Nuclear Assassin. We’re friends via myspace. And after years of imitating the Bushwhacker Brothers I’ve come one step closer to meeting them…. the Nuclear Assassin is a former wrestler who knows them. Cool!
10. My best move (right upper cut) is nothing compared to buddy-boy the Nuclear Assassin’s move. “I would say that my best moves were the Cobra Clutch sleeper and "Nuclear Meltdown" which is a variation of Scorpion Death drop combined with backbreaker”. I don't even know what the heck that is but I won't ask.... sounds too dangerous!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What would your wrestling name be?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
-- From the movie "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"

No comments: