As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, April 26

1. Took the bus to school for the first time.
2. Embarassed myself at the bus stop when I approached three girls whom I could have sworn were from my school. I pinched the one girl, kind of hard too, but when she turned around I had NO idea who she was. I tried to act as if I hadn’t done it though…. I don’t think she bought it. Yikes!
3. Shim shim hae yo…. translation: I’m bored. I taught my elementary classes today and then had to kill 3 hours before my last class and home time. Thank God for the internet. Mix that with a dash of creativity on my behalf and voila…. time’s up!
4. Only two attended my English class for the teachers…. the P.E. teacher and my school principle. The P.E. teacher intimidates me a bit and the principle, well, he’s my principle and so that in itself is kind of intimidating.
5. Not too sure if Mr. Science Guy’s pink pin striped suit is hot or not…. it’s definitely Korean though!
6. Today was the first day ANYONE at my new downtown gym said anything to me. Mr. Tough guy walked over, checked out my routine and then when he opened his mouth out came this really girly voice… totally unexpected!
7. Dinner date with the man at TGIF. Tonight was there last Rainbow Night and so I got all dressed up… even wore a skirt.
8. Of all the empty seats in the restaurant, the waitress just had to sit this American freak behind me. He was there with some Korean girl and I hope, for her sake, that he’s not her boyfriend.
9. Shocked the American dude who sat behind me at the restaurant. He had a bad case of diarea of the mouth. He’s got more #$%@ coming out his mouth than his butt. But, when he realized I was a Western girl with a Korean man, he pretty much was cured. I’m hoping his dinner date (pretty Korean girl) didn’t understand half of the pathetic and pointless things he spoke about.
10. Talk about a blast from the past…. Dudgeon the Curmudgeon emailed me. I haven’t talked to him for almost 6 years probably. I love how he calls me “Spazowski”… always makes me laugh.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do you not have any standards?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
-- from the movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

No comments: