As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, May 19

1. I love rainy days… it being rainy and being a Friday is just a perfect ending to my work week. For some reasons rainy days always seem more comforting and relaxing. Like I don’t relax enough at work eh?!
2. Tried so hard to not have to kick Alexander (Trouble Boy) and Bryan (Attitude Boy) out of class but today they were just TOO much. I knew kicking them out meant the other teacher would see them and beat them and that’s exactly what happened.
3. Attitude Boy returned to class after getting a beating but he still refused to say sorry. Still working on how to get through to this kid. I like him but his attitude stinks!
4. Got to the root of the problem regarding Kyle and Attitude Boy (Bryan)… both their mothers deserted their families. Kyle’s mother AND father however left him and so he lives with his grandparents. My heart goes out to these kids as I think of my mother and how my life would have been SO different with out her.
5. My weakest student in my parent’s English class (well… mother’s class) was the only one to show up for class and so we cancelled it for today.
6. Ventured to Songtan with my homegirl Jenn. While waiting like OVER AN HOUR (again) for Darnell, I met some of Jenn’s friends who were super hilarious.
7. Got wacked on the butt by some pasty white skin punk who was quite rude when Darnell told him to apologize. Don’t worry Darnell, we can’t all be nice guys, we have to have some really “winners” to keep the balance. It’s all about balance babe!
8. Good times with Darnell, Darrenos, Rick and “Shrek” but holy sausagefest at the places we went to!
9. Decided to go to Seoul with Trin and Darnell. No offense Trin but your so-called “homeboy” is a real winner. He ratted me out for bringing a male friend as oppose to a female friend but failed to realize he really wasn’t invited in the first place. I’ve got two words for his girlfriend “dump him!”
10. Made our way after a pricy cab ride to the club we went to last time, Club Harlem. Once again I found myself feeling much more comfortable surrounded by Koreans.


QUESTION OF THE DAY…
How cool are you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
Let pasty white boy go. It’d only give him a cheap thrill and a story to tell his family when he’s back home sitting around the trailer!-- Mad me

No comments: