As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, May 26

1. I love it how I live in a country where every woman, man and child seems to have a cell phone attached to their ear and yet my three text messages and voice message supposedly weren’t picked up by my co-worker. She called totally confused but I didn’t bend. I am having the day off.
2. Got dropped off at Emart and got myself geared up for tomorrow’s big mountain hike. I even got a walking stick!
3. Found a mysterious bag outside the Kimbop resturant and totally got robbed the glory of turning it in when the kimbop lady grabbed it from me. She was all over it like a fat kid on a smartie!
4. Due to bored circumstances, I thought it a great idea to dye my eyebrows to match my light hair…. WRONG! In addition to it making me look like an albino, it also felt like it had burnt through ten layers of skin and it really freaked out Ryan!
5. Sensing a bad pattern going on with my training. Now that Kang and me are buddies we chat too much at the gym. So, unless he’s training with me, I’m not being too productive.
6. Went by Mbar to say my goodbyes to Tasha but she was late and so I sat with her buddy Rich and was forced to put up with two really annoying drunk girls. Rich was super cool and so were the two other dudes but they really should have left those two chicks back at the air base!!!
7. Got somewhat rescued by the old Mbar DJ who saw me sitting there roughing it out. He called me over and surprisingly two of his three buddies spoke English. Thanks for the help guys!
8. Tasha and the crew from SLP FINALLY showed up just when I was about to leave. I had to wake up the next day at 5am for the mountain climb trip with my school but decided to stay a bit longer to socialize with them. Sad to see Tasha leave. Now I’m the last remaining of the original crew!
9. It was great to see some of the old crew. My favorite part was hanging out with Jenny and Steve. Steve was super hyper and was “attacking” all us girls… I miss that guy!
10. Ryan FINALLY showed up after I did a little of pleading on the phone. He was bombarded by many people who were eager to finally meet him.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Will double standards between Koreans and Foreigners ever go away?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
-- George Washington

No comments: