As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, May 5

1. Happy Children’s Day everyone! Ryan and I celebrated the day off with a little road trip to Seoul (he had to get his bike looked at).
2. Wore my couple helmet for the first time… Ryan didn’t which kind of defeats the purpose. He wore his older helmet. He says the visor plastic is a bit off, he’s right but I’m okay with it.
3. Entertained myself by waving to various children, sticking my tongue out to curious on-lookers, and winking at numerous starring taxi drivers as Ryan and I journeyed to Seoul on his scooter.
4. Ran into some “interesting people” at the bike shop in Seoul. Let’s see, there were those two hardcore sports bikers who showed up in full body padding. Then there was the supped-up sports car racer who did laps on the local street and the dude who drove a lamborghini testarossa.
5. Ryan hates it when he sees supped-up cars so of course I reminded him that those drivers were all driving solo…. you’ve got the chic! Those dudes probably live in their cars anyways.
6. Wasn’t too confident getting back on Ryan’s scooter after the repair man used his head to adjust the wheel alinment. Must be a Korean thing.
7. Went out for dinner at this really cool looking restaurant where the waiter was lovin’ the fact that I was Canadian. We loved the restaurant too until we got the bill… ouch!
8. Got called a Russian girl by some dude (Korean) who obviously was as dumb as he looks. As he stood there starring me down I blurted out “damm Japanese”. Needless to say, I had the last laugh.
9. I’m one step away from plucking out my own eyes… don’t know if it’s this yellow dust or allergies but something’s gotta give!!!
10. Hit the sack early.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are people that dumb to not see how rude they can be?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
-- Albert Einstein

No comments: