As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, May 1

1. Am convinced that if this horrible yellow dust doesn’t stop soon I’m going to go to China and deal with this matter myself. It’s killing my eyes and I can feel it all in my nose too today.
2. Sweet short week. I work today, Wednesday and then have the other weekdays off. Nice!
3. Weather is definitely getting better and more consistant.
4. Was bombarded by a massive group of middle school students who all thought I had seen the English midterm. I tried to help them with studying tips but they were so eager to offer me things in return for midterm questions. I haven’t seen the test though.
5. Most creative bribe was Ryan and Chloe who both offered to come to my house and clean it…. ya right. You’d like me to have you at my house. You’d eat all my food!
6. Find it interesting to note which students are stressing over the midterms and which are way too carefree about them.
7. Thought one of my prized students, Lyndia, was going to faint as the school bell rang and it was time for her to leave. Later she text messaged me more questions about English. I should note here that her English is awesome.
8. As of the end of my short school day, I am now officially on holidays. Well… for one day then I have to work one day but THEN… I’ve got 5 days vacation. Sweet!
9. Mini explosion in the house…. a photo album got damaged but the most damage was done to Ryan and my patience.
10. I think I’ve discovered the real reason as to why Western women don’t date Korean men…. they simply can’t handle our independent, strong and stubborn nature. We simply don’t fit the mold of their Korean women… in fact, we break it.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can you really compare the two?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Comparing Korean women and Western women is nothing like apples and oranges, it's more like comparing kimchi and hockey; they're unrelated.
-- Jeff

No comments: