As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, May 15

1. Happy Teacher’s Day to all the teachers out there! Today I had the day off and so I celebrated by sleeping in super late and hibernating in my home. Sweet!
2. Thanks to all my Eumbong Middle School students for their numerous text messages today. I lost count of how many messages I got after I ran out of fingers…. ha, ha, ha.
3. Hero of the day… Ryan with his surprise visit with medicine!
4. Definitely did some major lounging around the house. Studied some Korean, made some breakfast and then went back to bed.
5. Tried to study Korean and ran into the word “conjugation”. Looked it up on an online dictionary and the definition was “the act of conjugating”…. what the heck! You can’t define a word with the word!
6. Hit the gym around 7pm and low and behold, Mr. Funny guy was there! His joke about Mr. New Guy was funny the first five times, maybe even the first six times, but after like the hundredth time it’s getting pretty old.
7. I don’t exactly know what it is but, according to Ryan, I’ve got a “duck bum”.
8. Holy ackward moment!!! As I was searching for my keys in my bag I turned and there in the courtyard of my building was some dude having a total fit and then he peed in the bushes. Oh my gosh… what a Kodak moment and, like always, I caught him on tape!
9. Two hours later and that same dude was in the courtyard. I ventured down to ask him for help and from what I got, he had locked himself out of his apartment. Five minutes later his girlfriend showed up with attitude written ALL over her face! Yikes!
10. I don’t know what Ryan was thinking but as the elevator came down to my floor he continued to dance silly. There stood three girls as the elevator door opened and here stood Ryan, totally embarrassed… oh ya, I stood there laughing my head off! It was so funny. So much for Mr. Cool Cat!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who was your favorite teacher?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson.
-- Vernon Law

No comments: