As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, May 2

1. Felt sooooooooooooo good to sleep in…. ya, I’m rubbing it in!
2. Made breakfast and then ate it in the park across the street from my building. Totally felt like a senior citizen, ha, ha, ha… I loved it!
3. Ahhhhhhhhhh… my eyes can’t stop drolling! It’s true. I don’t know if I all of a sudden have allergies or am coming down with a cold.
4. I think because of my new hair colour I look a bit Russian now. I’ve never really been asked if I was Russian but today at the beauty salon I got asked three times. After the second time I started replying with asking them if they’re Japanese. Koreans hate being asked that just as much as I hate being asked if I’m a Russian sex-worker.
5. Always nervous getting my hair cut in Korea.
6. Ventured out to Pyeungtaek to see Trin. I stood there looking for him and I must say, he stood out like a sore thumb more than I did… ha, ha, ha.
7. Enjoyed Trin’s company over a plate of western food (pizza) with a Korean twist (corn and sweet potato on it).
8. Topic at the dinner table was underwear… don’t ask, I don’t think your tummy could handle the giggles of this conversation! Ha, ha, ha.
9. Got the third degree as to why young guys aren’t all bad, thanks Trin…. you’re such a young pup. Ha, ha, ha.
10. Came home and sat around eating strawberries with Ryan… gotta feed my strawberry addiction and get my day’s fix. Ha, ha, ha.


QUESTION OF THE DAY…
How do you know if you’ve got allergies or a cold?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
The more naked you are the more fear you feel.
-- Yoonbeer (I texted him that I was wearing a skirt and on the subway… holy misunderstanding, too funny though)

No comments: