As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, May 22

1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM…. she’s sweet sixteen and never been kissed…. or maybe not but to my father she’ll always be sweet and young in his eyes. Ah…. so mushy! Happy birthday Mom sending you much love from Korea!
2. Woke up in a cold sweat after I replayed various horrific parts in my head from last night’s movie. Thanks again Ryan… good idea on the whole horror movie. Way to clean out my sweat glands!
3. Traffic was at an all-time high as politician candidates flooded the street corners with their loud trucks and waving women. I wish they could see just how silly they look!
4. Was SUPPOSE to have that special extra class for the low level 2 students (aka the level two trouble makers) but none of them showed up. Sweet start to the week!
5. Gave word to my co-worker that I will use a stick in class. I’m not for beating the students but just having it in my hands intimidates the students. Not too sure if I like that either but that 1-1 class are all wild childs!
6. Okay, enough is enough… Almost got stuck standing in the rain with my notebook computer cause a certain someone had yet ANOTHER excuse as to why they couldn’t drive me.
7. Not much for reading or listening to the news but today I read a VERY interesting news report on kimchi. They “found that if you were a very, very heavy eater of kimchi, you had a 50% higher risk of getting stomach cancer,” said Kim Heon of the department of preventive medicine at Chungbuk National University. Yet ANOTHER reason why I’m not too crazy for it.
8. Showed up at training soaked to the bone cause my umbrella broke. I wasn’t impressed.
9. Hot date with homegirl Jenn…. just joking. Mind you, we ARE probably too of the coolest Western chicks strolling around Cheonan. Ha, ha, ha. Late night get-together at Yawoori.
10. Highschool French classes kicked in as I was forced to translate the French lines in the movie “The DeVinci Code”… talk about a bi-lingual movie. Between listening to the English, trying to translate the French, and reading the Korean when they spoke Hebrew (or whatever it was), I left the movie feeling like my brain had a work-out and a half!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If you could have anything, what would you want for your birthday?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.
-- "Hawkeye" off the TV show "M*A*S*H

No comments: