As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, May 8

1. Happy Parent’s Day… thanks mom and dad, because of you I’ve got ANOTHER day off!
2. Got played by a taxi driver who thought I was some new foreigner. He tried to play stupid to what I know I was saying correctly so I got Ryan on the phone with him. He was all smiles until I flexed my Korean language skills and gave him a mouthful as I exited the taxi.
3. Ventured over to SLP and visited my former staff and students. I was bombared by the mini Koreans as I exited the elevator… I miss them so much. Got almost squeezed to death by little Jack. Almost convinced myself I was going to steal that little guy.
4. I don’t think Mr. Lee was too impressed with me strolling into the school on my day off while his teachers work like slaves. In my heart I knew he’d kind of give me the cold shoulder but I was disappointed when he did. He still hasn’t learned!!!
5. It was great to see many of the staff I use to work with. I miss them but I think I miss them more now that I work with only Korean-speaking teachers. My 15 minute conversation with Tasha involved more English than I’ve ever heard at my middle school in like a week!
6. Spent the rest of my afternoon making a certain present for a certain someone… who will remain nameless until it reaches THEM. (hint, hint… him and her).
7. Hit the gym pretty hard and was put into an awkward position when the one dude who talks to me tried to introduce me to the new single dude. He had asked me earlier if I was going to marry my boyfriend and I had no answer so now he thinks I should look for a new boyfriend…. someone who’ll marry me. Thanks buddy but I’m not exactly hard up for guys and I’m more than happy with my boyfriend.
8. Almost fell flat on my face doing the whole run and jump on the scooter move I pulled in the parking garage. Thankfully no one but Ryan was there to see my almost-mishap!
9. Did the whole hidden camera thing and caught Ryan on tape singing AND dancing. His dance moves were like a mix between Michael Jackson and someone having a seizure. Okay, so it wasn’t that bad.

10. Did some hardcore Korean language studying. I did about four pages in my writing exercise book and re-read the first four chapters of my Korean text. I was on a roll!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Was that a new dance move or do you need some kind of help?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Don't ever do that in public!
-- Me

No comments: