As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, May 13

1. All play and NO work… hung out with my little sister, Sue. Together we played in the playground, made creatures out of play dough, met the neighbor’s kids, played soccer in the house, taught her how to box and then sat around eating pizza. I love it!
2. Am convinced Korean kids are the cutest looking kids!!! While playing with Sue, we were bombarded with about seven other kids who spotted us playing with play dough outside.
3. Amused this one little boy laughed every single time I pretended to eat the play dough cookie I made. Of course the added sound effects of me burping and chewing loudly added to the humor.
4. Am convinced I am one of Sue’s mom’s dearest friends. In addition to her random text messages, today she gave me a little gift. She bought me Dior lipstick/gloss and it was the perfect color. I don’t think she’ll ever let me leave Korea!
5. Walking out of Sue’s house with Sue and her mom, I was greeted by such a sweet surprise… there stood Ryan. Bonus points for him surprising me!!!
6. Well the original plan was to go to Muudio with Tasha and her crew. That got canceled out cause of work. Then, the plans changed to me going to Songtan and well, that got cancelled too cause of Ryan’s smooth lines…. and we’ll just leave it at that! Ha, ha, ha.
7. Am convinced Ryan is by far the most innocent and sincere man I’ve ever met! Why Time Magazine never nominated him for ‘most beautiful man’ is beyond me!
8. We loaded up Ryan’s scooter to the max with groceries from Emart, ice cream from Natuur, and strawberries. Little did Ryan know, I ate SO many strawberries as we flew down the streets on his scooter!
9. Movie night. Tonight’s featured film was “The family Stone”. I’m all about big names and so I was impressed by the casting of this film. I really liked it. Ryan on the other hand thought it was a total flop.
10. Went to sleep with a bit of a stomachache from all those unwashed strawberries I ate. Ahhhhh!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I steal you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A three year old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a fifty-six dollar set of swings as it does out of finding a small green worm.
-- Bill Vaughan

No comments: