As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, May 27

1. Oh my gosh…. once again I found myself waking up at the exact time I was suppose to be ready and out the door (6am)! I race out of the door in army style despite being called three times by the P.E. teacher. Talk about frustration! Calling me three times won’t make you understand what I said the first time!
2. Great… not only was I super tired but when we loaded the bus I forgot my overly expensive walking stick in the P.E. teacher’s car, it started raining and I had forgotten a sweater! Not a good start!
3. Quite proud of myself for not freaking out when they refused to let me go on the A course because I was a girl. What’s up with that? I’d put money down on my strength and endurance any day over a pack of older men!!! Had I had known that I’d be forced to go on the Baby, Boring B course instead of the Adult, Adventerous A course, I would have stayed home.
4. Joined the pack of women for the A course but found myself leading the pack and even leaving the pack.
5. Entertained myself with my MP3, taking photos/movies of random people and testing out my Konglish on random hikers.
6. Joined up with this really cool guy who was a policeman and who was also forced to do the B course (cause of his girlfriend). He was funny but we all got bad vibes off her. Relax girl!!!
7. The hike wasn’t so bad, that is if you like non-stop pouring rain, massive wind, and a stream of hikers, some of which are with crying children and annoying umbrellas. Don’t get me wrong, I took some nice pictures but I wasn’t so impressed.
8. After of five hours of getting lost on the mountain, we finally finished the long trail only to now have to go in search of the bus…. that took another 20 minutes. Finally got to change into dry clothes, at the back of the bus only to notice some dude in the next bus watching me. It’s been a long day… I don’t need this!
9. Best part of the day was the bus ride home because well, I was leaving, my co-workers had lots to drink, and they all started dancing and singing on the bus. Our bus of professionals quickly turned into quite the party bus!

10. Made it home soaked to the bone and tired. Was greeted by a bored-out of his skull Ryan who was eager to take me out for supper and a movie.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Is this over yet?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Girl course... do I look like a little girl to you... think wisely about that mister!
-- Me

No comments: