As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, May 6

1. Had a pretty lazy start to the day because of the rain.
2. Chilled out at Sue’s house for a bit. Her mom bought me these awesome mini cubes of cheese… she knows I’m a dairy fanatic!
3. I love my little sista Sue! She always has some funny story to tell me. Today’s story was about “the evil girl” (yes, she used that name) who in class would open the student’s eye sockets and poke their eyes. Sue had this huge idea of how to deal with it too…. learn to kick this girl in the head! My solution was much more simple…. close your eyes.
4. Ordered in for supper and I was so ticked off that that &#*$ chicken cost so much. It tasted nasty and in addition to probably having to run a couple of dozen miles just to burn off that one piece I managed to keep down, I’m sure my arteries are hating me now!
5. Left the house in search of some real food and ended up getting followed by some overly-skinny young Korean punk. I came up to my apartment and realized Ryan had left and I hadn’t any keys. The Korean punk came up too.
6. I tried to lose the Korean punk by venturing in the parking garage but he found me and some how convinced me to get in the elevator and go to the GS store with him. I figured he was just a desperate dude but he wanted to buy me something and so I settled for banana milk.
7. Ryan’s always trying to teach me lessons and so I thought I’d teach him a lesson. Today’s lesson was about locking up his bike. He never listens to me so I thought it’d be funny to go pick up his bike and move it. Not only did I not get the reaction I wanted but I almost royally screwed up my back!
8. Finally Ryan came back and as soon as I called out to him that Korean punk bolted it.
9. Ryan surprised me with a huge box of strawberries. I was of course lovin’ it but … what’s that I smell…these strawberries were different. Oh my gosh, Ryan cheated on our little market lady and bought them from someone else!
10. Movie night. After spending like 20 minutes trying to pick out a movie, I can to the realization that I’ve watched too many movies! We even went to a different movie store and I still had troubles picking one.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How come rainy days seem so slower than other days?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: