As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, May 14

1. Okay, so I admit it…. it’s actually Tuesday but I’m writing Sunday’s events and I’m struggling to remember them. I’ve been quite distracted lately, sorry.
2. Happy Mother’s Day to ALL the mothers out there… and of course, a special Happy Mother’s Day to my mom… Mama Bere!
3. Predictions on who’s going to be added to the mom list next year…. hmmm. When are you going to join the list Andi?… no pressure ;)
4. Felt rather ticked-off when some super skinny Korean sales chick wouldn’t let me try on a button up sweater. I think she was implying I was fat and so I’d stretch the heck out of it…. one step closer and I would have stretched the heck out of HER! And no, I’m not sorry I’m not anorexic looking like you.
5. Living in a country where 110lbs for a chick is considered fat, is sometimes really frustrating. Today was definitely one of those frustrating days!
6. The more and more I deal with the attitude of some of these people, the more and more I think Ryan’s a smart man for desiring a western woman! Some of these Korean chicks have issues!!!
7. So cute… Ryan said he was sad only because I was sad. Thought it kind of funny though cause he really didn’t know why I was sad.
8. Supper out on the town. I love chicken but Korean chicken makes me a bit nervous… you’d be nervous too if you could buy a whole chicken for a few dollars. Tonight’s meal was awesome though. I’m loving the Korean restaurants.
9. Hoping this Korean sinks in. After loading my head to the max with new Korean words I don’t know if I even remember one of them!
10. Thought I was going insane as I rubbed and rubbed my eyes until I finally opened them and couldn’t see anything!!! Oh the pain.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who'll be the next mom?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A mother is the one through whom God whispers love to His little children.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: