As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, May 28

1. Woke up rather disappointed that my legs didn’t really feel any different despite the FIVE HOUR mountain hike. Mind you, I did take the B course (…hmmm…. can you say baby course?!)
2. Ryan claims that they don’t have guns in Korea but I’m really curious about this one. Waking up to those extremely noisy election candidates and their blasting trucks at 6am on a Sunday just is NOT cool at all!!!
3. Ryan, who got big kicks out of me dying my eyebrows back to their natural colour but accidentally dying my skin too, has officially labelled me “the Eyebrow Monster”. Thanks Ryan… or should I say “6-pock”?! Ha, ha, ha.
4. Went scooter racing around Cheonan with Ryan.
5. Discovered a really interesting old-time school near my house that was originally made in 1398. So cool.
6. It’s amazing how I live in a country that’s so eager to Westernize but refuses to admit they’re a land of one people who doesn’t know how to deal with us westerners. What, have you never watched TV?! Still get confused and bewildered looks from adults… yes, that’s right…. I came here on a spaceship. Maybe if that was true I could understand your reactions.
7. Did some shopping at Emart with Ryan and ran into Mr. Sci Guy. My first reaction was to hide and so that’s what I did. Then I lifted my shirt a bit above my head and ran away. It’s awkward enough at school; I don’t want this on the weekend.
8. It was definitely interesting to check out Mr. Sci Guy’s girlfriend. I think he’s definitely more high maintenance than her.
9. Ventured over to Skin Food to get a thank you gift for a certain co-worker who drives me…. or does he?! He loves facemasks and lotions…. hmmm, interesting!
10. Ran into my friend at Skin Food who lectured Ryan about the fact that I haven’t called her. What’s up with that eh?! Yes, sweetie… I’ll call you. Thanks for all the freebies too!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Ya, I'm sarcastic and your point is what?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration.
-- Niccolo Machiavelli

No comments: